MENTAL HEALTH – EVERYONE’S ISSUE
AWARENESS, SUPPORTS & SELF-CARE
- Covid-19 brings direct and indirect mental health challenges – adding to those that already existed. Anxiety, isolation and bereavement combine with social & economic impacts to create the perfect storm.
- Mental health stigmatisation is decreasing, but still exists; and at best, mental health is poorly understood.
- What role can we play by connecting across society to up our mental-health game?
- Together, can we meet the mental health challenges posed by Covid, to create better mental health (on average) for everyone – especially our most vulnerable?
- Awareness & understanding can help us take care of ourselves and of others, while also helping eliminate stigma
- In fact, the sense of empowerment, identity & purpose from working within WeCanCork is very likely to directly provide mental health benefits – an easy win!
- What role can we play, as a connected & sciencedriven community, to support mental health in ourselves and others?
- What specialist professional advices & programs can we promote, support & follow, in order to enhance mental wellbeing across our communities & city?
- How can we help, as individuals and as a community? We need ideas, introductions, guidance in the community, please. See link below.
WeCanCork is funded by our Corporate Sponsors to empower their teams & communities to transform lives, society & the planet.
From the Community
- This is the 1st topic under this heading .. some February 26, 2021This is my 1st post under Mental health category. I’m a Professor of All Things Mental Health and I want to get involved. 2 posts - 1 participant Read full topic
- About the Mental Health (Cork) category January 23, 2021This is all about mental health. Workspace: WeCanCork - Mental Health - Coordination Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules: Why should people use this category? What is it for? How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have? What should topics in this […]